We Only Do Family Law — And We Do It Well
When legal matters affect your family, it can be an incredibly difficult experience. This is particularly the case when it comes to divorce and other family law issues such as child support, child custody, and spousal maintenance.
Divorce is one of the most stressful events you will ever experience. Easing that stress — and coming out the other side a healthier, happier, more confident person — is often dependent on the attorney you choose to help you through these troubled times. Having a quality relationship with your attorney and personalized service is tantamount to a successful outcome in a family law matter.
At Ratzer|Dobis, we focus solely on helping people like you navigate the maelstrom of divorce and other complex family law issues. We focus on high net worth, complicated cases involving significant issues like child custody, move-away requests, and child and spousal support demands involving substantial assets, business investments and retirement funds. Located in Solana Beach, California, we represent people throughout southwestern California and the greater San Diego area.
You’re in Good Hands With a Certified Family Law Specialist
As certified legal specialists in family law, Jim Ratzer and Morgan Dobis, understand that effective communication and cost-effective legal service are two keys to success in family law matters. As a boutique firm specializing in one area of law, we never lose sight of the fact that the outcome of your case has a huge bearing on the rest of your life.
At our firm, you won’t lose one-on-one contact with your Solana Beach attorney. Our firm’s philosophy is very basic and sound: high-quality representation with accessibility to your attorney. Our experienced, dedicated family law attorneys will take the time to listen to your concerns and recognize your goals and desires — we’ll thoroughly understand your case and all its details. With the emotional stress a divorce can produce, you deserve an attorney who treats your case as seriously as if it were his or her own.
Understanding the Family Law Cases We Handle
- Divorce – We will handle every aspect of a divorce case. You do need an attorney for these cases to ensure that you are treated fairly by your spouse. Divorces can be emotional and complex, but your Solana Beach divorce lawyer will be your advocate throughout the process.
- Child support – Both parents have an obligation to support their child in the aftermath of the divorce. We will work to ensure that you receive the amount that you should be receiving or that you end up paying the correct amount in child support.
- High net worth divorce – Asset distribution is one of the most complicated aspects of a divorce case, and it can become particularly complicated when there are substantial assets that need to be distributed.
- Mediation – There may be some instances where a divorce can be handled through less costly and quicker mediation services. A mediator can act as a neutral third party between the two sides in an attempt to resolve any issues between the spouses.
- Paternity – It is vital that a child’s paternity is determined because this affects various aspects of child support and child custody issues. An attorney can work with both sides to pursue DNA testing to establish paternity.
- Prenuptial agreements – There are times when prenuptial agreements provide valuable protection for both parties going into a marriage. It is necessary that you secure an attorney to help properly formulate a prenuptial agreement.
- Complex property division – Similar to a high net worth divorce, spouses with multiple properties between them could encounter significant complications when it comes to asset distribution.
- Spousal support – This is also known as alimony and could be ordered paid for varying time frames to help the spouse of lesser means support themselves.
- Child custody – Both legal and physical custody of any minor children will need to be resolved before a divorce is finalized. A visitation schedule will need to be established for a non-custodial parent.
Don’t Underestimate the Need for an Attorney
Many people go into the divorce process assuming they will not need a skilled San Diego divorce lawyer. They think that just because a divorce starts out amicably enough, that it will remain so. However, that is not always the case. The issues involved in a divorce process can each become incredibly complicated. When there is contention in one area, the entire divorce can be delayed. Many couples start out without a lawyer, but both end up finding one shortly after the process begins. By securing a Solana Beach divorce attorney early in the divorce process, you are ensuring that your best interests are being looked out for.
Let Us Guide You Through These Troubled Times
If you or someone you know is facing a family law issue like divorce, legal separation or domestic violence, or a dispute iYenvolving child custody, property division or support issues, the family law attorneys at Ratzer|Dobis are ready to help.
Whether you need immediate representation or a consultation about your options regarding divorce or a post-judgment modification, our lawyers are here to consult with you about your issues, legal rights and responsibilities. Call us today at (858) 793-7700 or to schedule an appointment. Meeting us face-to-face is an important first step in helping you understand your rights, establishing a quality basis of representation and guiding you through this difficult time.